Gone are the days of expensive yellow page listings and advertisements. Google Places is a key tool for businesses to optimize local search rankings.
Businesses should create or claim their Google Places listings and be sure to update on a regular basis and soon see the advantages of showcasing their business through this free service.
Here are the top 10 advantages:
1. Google Places is a free Google service.
2. You will drive more traffic and new customers.
3. You don’t need a storefront or physical address to get accepted into Google Places.
4. Your website, physical mailing address, and your phone number are displayed in your listing, which allows customers to find you more quickly and to get the information they need.
5. When your Google Places listing is optimized properly, your business listing appears on the first page of Google.
6. Mobile phone users can find your business listing immediately.
7. Add offers, discounts and coupons and change the offer as often as you want.
8. Add photos and videos to your Google Places Page to help tell your story and highlight your business.
9. Use citations and reviews and your Google Places will move up in ranking.
10. The financial rewards of making it so easy for customers to find your business listing, you will make more money than you did before your business was listed in Google Places.
Whether you are going to set up and claim your Google Places page on your own, or have someone do this service for you, the sooner you have your Google Places page working for you, the quicker your customers will find you.
To maximize your exposure consider incorporating social, local and mobile marketing.
Check out our new Local Buzz Campaigns.