16 Nov Incorporate social, local and mobile marketing into Small Business Saturday
It’s one of the busiest holiday shopping events of the year held this year on Saturday, November 24th – between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
American Express created this special day to encourage people to do their holiday shopping at local businesses.
Here are some ideas to get prepared for Small Business Saturday
Determine your objective
Prioritize what you want to accomplish by the end of your campaign. Bringing in business is probably your biggest objective, but remember that there are other opportunities that can arise from this holiday.
Consider hitting these targets for your business on Small Business Saturday.
- Increase revenue
- Broaden brand awareness and visibility
- Expand your contact database
Whatever you aim to accomplish, make sure your goal is specific.
As we get closer to the event merchants can:
- Schedule last-minute reminders. A beautiful email campaign weeks or days in advance of SBS is great and all, but people can forget. Set up last-minute SMS reminders to be sent to your customers the day before or in the morning of to ensure maximum customer traffic. Add special one-day SBS promos to really hook them in.
- Live social-media updates. Keep your audiences engaged throughout the day by periodically updating your social-media feeds with news about your in-store events, promotions, or even customers themselves. Add photos and videos to stimulate stronger engagement – but don’t overdo it.
- Get your store ready. Make sure you’ve stockpiled adequate amounts of popular products and decorated your store with SBS signage and other promotional material.
Here’s an example of Heavenly Croissant’s offer for Small Business Saturday customers
Not every offer needs to be a discount. Some ideas include: free coffee/donut, special gift wrapping, get a free stocking stuffer with purchase, spend more than $30 and get 10% off your next purchase, etc.
Text Messaging and Mobile Coupons
Offer mobile coupons to your customers and build your SMS text messaging distribution list at the same time. To access valuable coupon, customers text your keyword to 96362 – this adds their mobile number to your distribution list and customers receive a link to the coupon.
(set this up with our 14-day free trial mobile website builder and mobile coupon generator and our SMS text message marketing platform)
How to promote your offer
Share the message: “Small Business Saturday is this weekend. Join us in the store for a special offer.” (Provide details on your offer.)
Hang signage in store so your customers will know that you’re participating in the event. Encourage them to stay in touch by joining your text message marketing and email list so you can send them information about your offer and get them back to the store.
At the very least try to send an announcement of your offer, a reminder, and a “Thank You” message.
If you’re using Constant Contact for your email marketing they’ve created special Small Business Saturday templates just for you. Just insert your business info and you’ll be ready to schedule. Sign up or login and create a new email to use the templates now.
In addition to your regular Facebook updates follow the same five week schedule* as your Small Business Saturday email updates. You can schedule your own updates ahead of time.
If you’re using Social Campaigns from Constant Contact they’ve created special Small Business Saturday templates just for you. Login to use the templates and schedule your Facebook campaign now.
Get what you need to make your Saturday — and every day — a huge success!
There is still time to plan – if you need help with your campaign, contact us and we will help get you set up!